"Share Your Experiences of Your Stay At Maimonidies"

Lately, I’ve been hearing scary stories about our local hospital. I’m referring to our ‘heimishe’ hospital "Maimonidies Medical Center" who receives the highest ratings in care, etc. from all those who rate hospitals (I know they pay a lot of money for these ratings). I also listen to MMC ads where they pride themselves on being the very best, and having the best quality care. When I hear these ads, I get mad at myself for not doing something about it! We should be just the opposite! We should have the best care in the country without paying for false ratings! People think that they're doing a sick person a favor by getting him/her into a local, top rated hospital, just because it's run by heimishe people! WRONG! Why should a heimishe person take his close relative into a hospital that is run by heimishe people, and get a phone call that he is dead, when he went into the hospital for a minor surgery? Ok, mistakes could happen, and I thought I was a single unlucky person, the time came, hashem wanted back his neshama! But I told my friend this story and he told me an even scarier story! I was horrified! Since then I'm hearing stories all the time! A close relative of mine was in maimonides for a week getting treatment for an unknown problem! After a week he was transfered to a different hospital and was out in less than 24 hours! They took an x-ray, found the problem, treated it, and he was back on his feet in no time! I guess the hospital make more money if the patient is in the hospital for a longer time! The longer the better! Isn't somone ignoring our problems and minding his money? Aren't we being laughed at? Don't we deserve better from our own comunity? How many people could have still been alive if we had not kept our stories a secret? Anyone out there have any ‘wonderful’ stories or anyone interested in bringing a class-action suit? If you have any stories that you think would interest the public please feel free to add a coment!! You can't keep such stories to yourself and not do anything about it!!! P.S. Please e-mail me at shmo123@gmail.com so that I could respond to ur comment if needed. Note: All the posts are e-mails I got from people!

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Marc said...

I echo your sentiments. I have two stories for you.

1. My grandfather was admitted to the Emergency Room. He was a Dialysis patient with severe issues. When we went to be with him we noticed our old neighbor in the bed next to him who was admitted for appendicitis. My mother went over to say hello and noticed my grandfather nametag on the bracelet of our neighbor. Our neighbor was 40 years younger than my grandfather and in pretty good shape. As my mom went to inform the doctor on call the nurses came to take our neighbor for dialysis treatment and were wondering where his shunt was. They were discussing having a new shunt attached to his chest...

2. My grandfather was in the last weeks of his life from his condition with kidney failure when a Dr. Mohammed found a lump to the left of his stomached. My grandfather said he had it there for 20 years; but the doctor would not believe him as he was sick. Dr. Mohammed wanted to do a biopsy to determine of the lump was cancerous. He approached my mother to sign a paper authorizing him to do this procedure. She asked Dr. Mohammed if the biopsy proved that the lump was cancerous, was he a candidate for treatment? He answered no. In that case, why the hell did he want to cut him up? Just for the fees. He proceeded to try to persuade my grandmother to sign (she did not know what he was talking about and was almost convinced). He did not let up even after I contacted Doug Jablon about this several times. It only ended when I assured Dr. Mohammed that he would not have any teeth left in his mouth after I was finished with him.

No comments: